|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=c459b08090bde68013db1cfb964b572f profile.php?mode=register&sid=c459b08090bde68013db1cfb964b572f faq.php?sid=c459b08090bde68013db1cfb964b572f search.php?sid=c459b08090bde68013db1cfb964b572f

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » NAWCC action FORUM » A little history lesson for NAWCC members.............
A little history lesson for NAWCC members.............
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

Going back at least 20 years there has been a cry to the assoc. that chapters have been neglected and ignored. The assoc. some years ago created a special committee and actually did annual questionaries which, after some time, became ignored because none of the specific issues concerning the chapters were EVER ADDRESSED and chapters grew tired of this repetitional exercise. I know because Herb and I filled them out in the beginning of this what became a wasted exercise and NOTHING EVER WAS DONE, REQUESTS/IDEAS never implemented or even respond to in a clap back.

About 6 months ago I thought of an idea to further chapter visibility and operations whereby giving all chapters (or those interested) the opportunity to write a sort of chapter bio for the entire assoc. membership to read and learn what resources about which they might be missing. (For example that chapter 149 operates the only around the clock message board.)

I keep hearing about the dwindling membership and the failure of the parent group to garner membership drives, etc..etc. (Ch 149 has actually turned away memberships here because said prospective members were not nawcc members WHICH must come first or at least simultaneously to join the chapter; therefore it can be a win win for both.)

I cannot think of any valid reason NOT for the assoc. to invite bios of chapters who wish to participate. Certainly a nicely written chapter bio would be more inviting to the readership instead of the redundant and constant begging and raising the issue of moneys wanted by the NAWCC. This month of June I counted 19 pages of donation and associated pages used in addition to the Ulysses like weekly redundant Wilcox requests for money. Certainly the membership might enjoy a few pages learning about various active NAWCC chapters.

Benefits could include:

chapter visibility
member visibility
increased chapter membership
increased chapter volunteers
potential better communication with the full assoc. membership
specialized interests that have remained unknown to the NAWCC membership
better convention support and attendance
added events of all types and kinds
potential additional fundraising

WOULD YOU LIKE MORE? Do you have other adds to this list?

Thanks for reading.

Jon Hanson

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
StephanG
Friend of 149

(Ch 149 has actually turned away memberships here because said prospective members were not nawcc members WHICH must come first or at least simultaneously to join the chapter; therefore it can be a win win for both.)

I can not agree here and I believe this is a flawed concept based on times gone by.

The NAWCC is by far the biggest winner in this arrangement because they get a member for no effort.
In some cases the new guy doesn't even know who or what the NAWCC is ........

The most important thing is to get the new guy to JOIN something and get involved.

Then he will be exposed to all aspects of the hobby and if NAWCC membership is as good and as valuable to him as everyone claims he will recognize this and join up. It might even be as simple as him making a few friends and joining up because they have.

All you achieve by excluding him is to either turn him off the hobby or move him to join some other non affiliated group.

Proud member of CH149 and Global Horology
looks like nothing has changed at Camelot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

STILL no response from those of the newly formed politburo--a yea or nay, nothing--the same old elite running things who refuse any imput or ideas outside their own. If it's their idea it is GREAT; if an outsider, it is immediately rejected.

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
A little history lesson for NAWCC members.............
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » NAWCC action FORUM