|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=e9b39073f88295b960188ea99030fa5c profile.php?mode=register&sid=e9b39073f88295b960188ea99030fa5c faq.php?sid=e9b39073f88295b960188ea99030fa5c search.php?sid=e9b39073f88295b960188ea99030fa5c

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman » here they are for the N A election
here they are for the N A election
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

http://www.nawcc.org/index.php/our-association/2015-bod-elections

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Bryan
Chapter Member

N A
or
N/A?

NAWCC#132532
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

which would the members and you prefer?

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Bryan
Chapter Member

frankly, none.

NAWCC#132532
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

Funny thing is that I have never seen such a quiet election process as those in the NA running for director!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
StephanG
Friend of 149

Perhaps none of them want to win. Laughing

Proud member of CH149 and Global Horology
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
doc ron
Chapter Member

what has happened to tom b and his run for director

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
Tom Bartels
Friend of 149

This is a very important election for the NAWCC, and not just because I am running. As you are probably aware, there is a deep philosophical divide on the fundamental question of what we are as an Association and how we perceive ourselves. On one side, led by Frank DelGreco and Phil Gregory, we are supposed to believe we are strictly a charity whose sole purpose is to provide information and services to the general public. Members are considered merely contributors to the cause, which is defined by the board of directors, and they should feel honored and grateful to make donations to this vision. According to this belief, dues should be much higher and directors should be chosen primarily for their ability to contribute and raise money. This elitist attitude is apparently shared by several of the candidates on the ballot.

The other side of this controversy believes we are still a membership driven organization that was built and maintained by the members and who's primary mission and goal is to provide the services and benefits the membership desires. I have tried to express my commitment to that philosophy here, perhaps inadequately, but sincerely.

There are only a few days left to vote on line and I hope you agree that this is an important and long reaching decision that is being made. Use your vote wisely.
Thanks for listening.
Tom Bartels
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
darrah
Chapter Member

Vote electronically. It is easy and is one way to express ones feelings about the organization.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

Tom Bartels wrote:
This is a very important election for the NAWCC, and not just because I am running. As you are probably aware, there is a deep philosophical divide on the fundamental question of what we are as an Association and how we perceive ourselves. On one side, led by Frank DelGreco and Phil Gregory, we are supposed to believe we are strictly a charity whose sole purpose is to provide information and services to the general public. Members are considered merely contributors to the cause, which is defined by the board of directors, and they should feel honored and grateful to make donations to this vision. According to this belief, dues should be much higher and directors should be chosen primarily for their ability to contribute and raise money. This elitist attitude is apparently shared by several of the candidates on the ballot.

The other side of this controversy believes we are still a membership driven organization that was built and maintained by the members and who's primary mission and goal is to provide the services and benefits the membership desires. I have tried to express my commitment to that philosophy here, perhaps inadequately, but sincerely.

There are only a few days left to vote on line and I hope you agree that this is an important and long reaching decision that is being made. Use your vote wisely.
Thanks for listening.
Tom Bartels

I SAY VOTE FOR BARTELS ONLY, AS WE ARE NOT SURE WHO THE GOOD GUYS ARE!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
gemeyr4
Chapter Member

It is very apparent that viewpoint #1 although nobel is about as smart as the Quakers who swore themselves to celibacy and they were all gone aft er the first generation!!!

This needs to be about horology first and foremost. Second certainly are the members who combined with #1 will give you the "public service" that an organization such as this should provide. They are going about it from the wrong end.

Tom Bartels wrote:

Thanks for listening.
Tom Bartels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
henryb
Chapter Member

I know James Holloway from the local chapter 15.

Good Guy

here they are for the N A election
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman