|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=7acfa436bc28f65c15c71f58a169dd3f profile.php?mode=register&sid=7acfa436bc28f65c15c71f58a169dd3f faq.php?sid=7acfa436bc28f65c15c71f58a169dd3f search.php?sid=7acfa436bc28f65c15c71f58a169dd3f

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman » What say you, Tom?
What say you, Tom?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

Chapter 149 is being thrown under the bus AGAIN by the czars, insiders and n/a operatives .

The n/a home page lists the following under Special Interest Chapters:

SPECIAL INTEREST CHAPTERS

"Are you interested in alarm clocks, British horology, carriage clocks, electrical clocks, horological art, wood works clocks, and other special interest? Check out our Special Interest Chapters."

THERE IS NO MENTION ABOUT POCKET WATCHES under "special interest chapters"

Twice, I requested that there be >>POCKET WATCHES, EARLY AMERICAN WATCHES, ETC. to be included in all that other stuff--art, alarm clocks, wooden works (boy are these collectibles in the toilet). After all after clocks aren't watches the most collected items in horology? I guess the n/a also hates pocket watches, just as it when I first joined. I guess the clock boys can't stand any competition?

This is the response I received from Andy Dervan who is on some committee:

"Hello Jon,

Steve Humphrey would not allow the change, sorry.

Andy"

Typical power play because the n/a hates 149--nothing new here.

We should all continue to refuse to donate 1 cent until the n/a does things positive for watch collecting. Of course, we are the only internet chapter in the n/a, so it is obvious we are all here being black balled. What these clowns should do is promote the ONLY INTERNET CHAPTER! (Want to know why--they are afraid of competition with their tag teaming green bored!) Smart folks understand that the leading early American Watch Club in American certainly deserves better.

Jon Hanson
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 am Reply with quote
MartyR
Chapter Member

This concerned me greatly, so I did what any normal, reasonable person would do - I looked for myself!!!!

It transpires that the whole of Jon's post is incorrect.

Jon wrote:

The n/a home page lists the following under Special Interest Chapters:

SPECIAL INTEREST CHAPTERS

"Are you interested in alarm clocks, British horology, carriage clocks, electrical clocks, horological art, wood works clocks, and other special interest? Check out our Special Interest Chapters."

In fact, the NAWCC home page says nothing about chapters. The page for Chapters (which falls within the Members Section) says:

"Are you interested in watches, alarm clocks, British horology, carriage clocks, electrical clocks, horological art, wood works clocks, and other special areas of horology? Check out our Special Interest Chapters."

And when you take the "Find a Chapter" option, Chapter 149 is indeed listed there ... although it shows someone called Herbert A Gold as Secretary which I assume means that no-one has bothered to notify the NAWCC of the up-to-date information.

For those interested to see what is really on the NAWCC site, click on http://www.nawcc.org/index.php/chapter-information/find-a-chapter-near-you.

I have no idea who Jon's informant Andy Dervan is but whatever question he asked of Steve Humphrey, it was obviously not the question that Jon says he asked!!!!

Sadly, this is the sort of misinformation about the NAWCC that Jon posts on here regularly. Jon "the truth" Hanson? I think not.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

As usual,n/a defender "I looked for myself" Rosen missed the point totally and obviously does not understand the issue. Maybe "I LOOKED FOR MYSELF" Rosen speaks different English?

AGAIN, THERE IS NO MENTION OF POCKET WATCHES IN THE SPECIAL INTEREST SECTION WHATSOEVER.

AGAIN, the request was to have the topic pocket watches listed ALONG WITH THE OTHERS I MENTIONED in my initial post where there is no mention on the chapter page.

THIS IS ON THE THE HOME PAGE LINK OF CHAPTERS, READ AGAIN "I LOOKED FOR MYSELF" ROSEN! "I LOOKED FOR MYSELF" ROSEN needs to look harder or get a new eye glass prescription.

Also, THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY INTERNET CHAPTERS when THERE IS ONE!

FYI: Andy Dervan is a n/a committee member. Jon THE TRUTH Hanson was offering good ideas for the n/a via Andy Dervan, one of which has been accepted.

This is typically a hatchet job by an outsider, WHO WOULDN'T KNOW THE TRUTH IF IT BIT HIM IN THE ASS!

I suggest "I looked for myself" Rosen either read issues correctly, stay out of what he doesn't understand, play on his own n/a MB dealing with the double standards there, or just plain retire and harp out.

Last edited by Jon on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
interstatetime
Chapter Officer

Jon wrote:

AGAIN, THERE IS NO MENTION OF POCKET WATCHES IN THE SPECIAL INTEREST SECTION WHATSOEVER.

Maybe since pocket watches is a main topic on the board it is not considered a "Special Interest?"

John Cote (Member #105)
Membership Chairman - Ch-149
Past President - Ch-18
http://www.interstatetime.com
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

interstatetime wrote:
Jon wrote:

Maybe since pocket watches is a main topic on the board it is not considered a "Special Interest?"

We are not talking about "main topic on the board"--this is all about the special interest titles, as I noted in my initial post.

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
MartyR
Chapter Member

MartyR wrote:
In fact, the NAWCC ... page for Chapters (which falls within the Members Section) says:

"Are you interested in watches, alarm clocks, British horology, carriage clocks, electrical clocks, horological art, wood works clocks, and other special areas of horology? Check out our Special Interest Chapters."

Obviously Jon doesn't realize that pocket watches are watches Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK, so yet again we have a deviously evasive reply from Jon Hanson.

He said that the NAWCC site stated:

That now turns out to be WRONG.

He also said that the NAWCC site did not list Chapter 149.

That now turns out to be WRONG.

It's a great shame that Jon is unable simply to admit that he made a mistake in posting this and moving on.

These continual inaccurate obsessive rants do nothing but denigrate Chapter 149 in the eyes of many of its own members, quite apart from those whom Jon would call the "operatives" of the NAWCC. By all means let us criticise the NAWCC for all of its many failings, but that doesn't justify distorting the truth.
BRAIN DEAD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

"SPECIAL INTEREST CHAPTERS
Are you interested in alarm clocks, British horology, carriage clocks, electrical clocks, horological art, wood works clocks, and other special interest? Check out our Special Interest Chapters."

THIS IS WHAT IT ORIGINALLY STATED VERBATUM UNTIL I RAISED THE QUESTION, Mr. "I looked for myself" ROSEN. LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF, I looked it up for myself-- do I have to copy to 149 my original emails here?

SECOND ISSUE> 4TH(?) TIME NOW--I STATED THAT I SAID IT WASN'T AN INTERNET CHAPTER, NOT THAT IT WAS LISTED AS A CHAPTER, MR. "I LOOKED FOR MYSELF" ROSEN who just wants to argue and cause trouble here. The members are sick of it.

Not an INTERNET CHAPTER!

INTERNET<> INTERNET<> INTERNET--get it?

You Mr. "I looked for myself" Rosen need to leave because you are confused, refuse to believe, can't read, can't stay on topic, biased, or have nothing important or honest to type but to rag here!

Tagline: Thanks to Tom Bartels for his assistance on this and to Andy Dervan for conveying my thoughts to the czar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
doc ron
Chapter Member

after digesting the above topic i believe an apology is in order from martyr to jon for his foolish responses

doc ron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Bryan
Chapter Member

I find it comical how Marty has managed to catapult himself from an ignorant collector to an ignorant n/a operative in such a short period of 4 years.

Such a shame....

NAWCC#132532
What say you, Tom?
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman